06 July 2007

Faces


Faces - John Marley
Originally uploaded by margiana.

It's been a while since I don't write in here... but I have been exhausted in these last 2 weeks. The combination of work and heat simply knocked me down. In these two days off I am trying to recover.


Last night Andrea and I had a very pleasant evening. We had dinner at Rosso San Martino and then a walk in the ancient Jewish ghetto, still one of the best place in Bologna... later on an ice cream at Gianni and then we ended up in Piazza Maggiore.


I do love Bologna in the summer and it is not a common thing. I love the fact that in July the city is empty in the week-ends (people go to the beach) and I definitively love the city in August when you can go around the city and feel you are living in a ghost town.

There are places you never notice during the rest of the year, and you have a different awareness of who is walking next to you or simply meets your look. It all becomes more intense. I feel I float in a dense liquid of emotions, feelings, thoughts... and I love this feeling.
And we ended up in Piazza Maggiore where there is the XXI edition of 'Il cinema ritrovato' and they were showing Faces by John Cassavetes, a totally restored film, presented by Ben Gazzara who also speaks a perfect italian.


I love this location: Piazza Maggiore silent and dark, different persons with different cultures and background sit as a special audience to see a piece of history of the cinema. It is such a great experience for my heart. I loved it loved it loved it!
Morover, the movie is so much into 'faces' that the perception of the faces around me and their features almost overwhelmed me.
We finally had another walk at midnight to reach the car... and the disappearing of the people from Piazza Maggiore was another beautiful show.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Yay movies!