31 January 2008

Physical decadence

Finally yesterday I've been able to choose another Family doctor, since the other one was really not professional. Basically I spent my day at this new ambulatory which is not bad at all.
The new Doctor visited me, auscultated my lungs and wrote down a certificate that says I can't go to work for at least one week and prescribed more antibiotics and syrups and things like this.

So this morning I stayed at home and so will I until the 5th of february, which is good for my health but not for my projects! Andrea's b-day is on Saturday and I had plans... but I have to change them now.
I don't know how it is overseas but here, if you call sick from work, you need your doctor certificate and you will be paid but then you must stay at home from 10am to 12am and from 5pm-9pm. That's because the company you work for can send you a visit of its doctor to see if you're really sick! That prevents me to go anywhere.
By the way... this morning I had to go to the pharmacy. I woke up with a weird backache and challenged to get dressed, but when I step into the trousers, well my back fail the support and I fell on the ground with a terrible pain in my lower back.
After a time to recover... I tried again... but... I can't hold myself upright! I started laughing and eventually coughing, that worsened my back pain.
I feel an old witch!
Maybe I am.
Fabiola (my friend) came to visit and took the prescription. This afternoon she'll be back to chat and support.
My friend always told me I am older than my biological age, but I always thought they were talking about my spiritual ME... now I am sure they talk about my physical decadence!

1 comment:

Sarah said...

I'm glad you are excused from work but that's lousy that you are still sick! And your back?! Argh.

The system of having to stay home for specific hours when you are sick is very different from here--do companies actually check up on people at home?

One day when I stayed home from work, I ran into a parent of one of my students at the store, but I was buying cough medicine and a humidifier, so she didn't think I was pretending!

Take care of yourself--