17 August 2008

Do you want to talk about maternity clothes?


Creepy Pacgirl at 21st week!
Originally uploaded by margiana.

It's official... I don't fit in my normal trousers anymore. I usually have very very large trousers in my wardrobe but I had to give up and got into one of those maternity dress shop. I was disgusted. Fashion is nothing accepted by mom-to-be...
I have been very proud of my not gaining too much weight (I must thank the nausea of the first months and now the gastric reflux for not allowing me to indulge in every food in sight)... but now I am starting looking like a little whale... and I feel I will soon look like a big one.
At this point I guess some pregnant women do feel the same as I do. So now somebody must explain me why the only trousers I found (except those jeans I'm wearing) were all pink, yellow or light green fabrics... not to mention orizontal stripes t-shirts and things like this.
I don't think I'll ever be able to get dressed like a gigantic hot-air balloon even if I'll look like it anyhow.
I am frustrated with that silly topic but those are other difficulties of pregnancy.

So now... I am basically using those trousers and another one I am still able to fit in, plus a couple of large dress.... I'm curious how I'll dress next.

I am sorry for the repetition of the basic topic.
I just got back from a week in Rome where we laid on the hot beach and tried to relax a little.
In the next 3 days I have blood exams, ultrasound and gyno visits to undergo... than I'll probably drive to the mountains to breath a little fresh air.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

It is one of the great mysteries of the world: why are maternity clothes all pastel colors?

I'll be thinking of you and your doctor visits--take care!

Margiana said...

Thanks for the thoughts... and yes.. we should try to solve that mistery. Maybe we should create a new fashion style for maternity clothes...