30 November 2005

Searching for a job...found handmade stools

This morning I went with my friend Rita in the city center with the plan of systematically find a job...we met at the public library Sala Borsa, right in Piazza del Nettuno, we had a cappuccino and planned to go to some Recruitment Agencies to bring our résumées and see what it happens... and you know what?... it is really depressing... I felt like a piece of meat in the supermarket, and that is all! There's no interest in the person... but only in the quantity of "labels" you earned during your past job experiences... and I may be naive in this but no wonder if the majority of people is not satisfied with their jobs!
There is not really a match between demand and offer... but simply a commitment between which job is less horrible than the other. I may sound depress... but trust me... better not be unemployed after you had the job you like....
I also felt guilty to refuse a part-time telemarketing job (sounds like it's the only job available on the market) where I had to sell commercial spaces on the yellow pages! I CAN'T SELL COMMERCIAL SPACES... I'm not going to make this job SIMPLY BECAUSE I'M NOT A GOOD SELLER!!! and the fact that I'm good in being with people and outspoken doesn't mean I'm a good seller... I can fake but it won't last... it's biological!
Does anybody know that there are persons that love to sell and persons that don't?
I refused the job telling the girl that I'll be happy to leave this employment to somebody who'll be more motivated to do it..."more motivated = better job" isn't it so?
and I know there may be the perfect job for me and that it will soon display right in front of me but... in the meantime you get plenty of shit!

Passing on... other than that I stopped at the airport because a guy who works there had to give me a gift... I used to work with this man a lot when I was at the airport. He is one of those guy who help people with wheelchairs to get from the terminal to the aircraft or the one who brings the AVIH (alive animals in hold) dogs and cats under the aircraft so to be loaded in the holds and other helpful jobs.
He came to know that Andrea and I bought an house and wanted to give us a 'welcome gift'... even if it's already a year we're in.
Enzo (his name) is very gentle and is one of those people that takes a long time to express a simple thought and speaks allusively so to gain a sort of philosopher fame in his environment... He says that buying an house is a very important thing and that is the basis for bigger projects and that even if you own only the roof over your head you are half way to happiness and such....( I did not underlined the fact that I won't own my house before 29 years and that the fact that I bought an house is now a pain in the ass when the loan bill
arrives :-))..well he handmade from recycled wood those 2 stools... and I find it so nice that somebody who I'm only in a ex-sort-of-collegue-relationship made with his hands something that will be in my house!!! (and they're made out of recycled wood!!!)... so I finally got home with a smile on my face... still believing in PERSONAL RELATIONSHIP as the base for an healthy spirit.
Monocolo is recovering from his cold and the house is warm... want to go back in my slippers, read a little, listen to Allie McBeal Original Soundtrack and drink my favourite Oregon Chai Tea in my NYC mug!

No comments: