23 May 2006

Airport stories....

I arrived in the office around 5.00am and I am usually one of the first of the morning shift to arrive. The first thing I do is usually approaching the message board, so to prepare the flights I have to follow, to know if there are any special assistences or freight or such. And today there was a weird telex saying :
' REF. FLT XY0000/23 MAY
WE INFORM THAT AT ARRIVAL O/B XY0000/ 22 - A/C OKXFB - AFTER UNLOADING PASSENGERS BAGS FEW LITTLE SNAKES NOT POISONOUS RUN OUTSIDE FROM THEIR BOXES IN THE FORWARD CARGO HOLD STP
AT THE END AFTER COUNTING FIVE SNAKES WERE MISSING PROBABLY IN PAX CABIN/COCKPIT OR INSIDE TECHNICAL INSTRUMENTS STP
THIS IS TO INFORM YOU STP
PLS SEND ASAP INFORMATIONS FOR TOMORROW FLT
BRGDS// BLQ'
So now, can you imagine the guys who opened the hold to unload the baggage and found out it was crowded by more than a hundred snakes? And can you imagine that this morning somebody could get into the aircraft and find a little crawling surprise?
So there was a big mess in the airport. The flight was cancelled for passengers but the crew flew back home with the aircraft and its guests... but there was a slithering sensation on the air... and on the ground. :-)

PS. I found the original telex, so I updated it. Just in case you don't know: O/B= on board or A/C= aircraft.

2 comments:

annette said...

ick! i hate snakes! one day at school i was walking down the hall and i saw a group of kids walking towards me. i noticed something in one kid's hands and when i realized it was a snake i jumped! their teacher was with them and assured me it was non-poisonous, but still! i wasn't expecting to see one in the hallway...

Margiana said...

yeah! I don't like snakes either... and the idea of finding some dozens in a hold of an aircraft freaks me out!:-(