22 May 2006

Family


Andrea in piscina a Pentolina ridotta
Originally uploaded by margiana.


It is so complicated to discuss about the concept of 'family' sometimes and emotionally touching.
I often think about my family and the relationship with each member is dense but difficult. It is all about ties and boundaries and anxiety and limitations and Love and belonging and pride and pity...and... a lot more.
It is frustrating but at the same time this is what makes me proud of being who I am.
It's my family! It's where all the bad things can be cancelled in a real second, exactly like the good one.... and the rise and the fall depend mostly on a gesture, a word a move of the head, a kiss, a caress...
And thinking about my family I imagine how I'd like my own one. What kind of family will I be able to deal with? What kind of parent will I be? Will I do a lot of mistakes or will I be fine? Will I be able to pursue a project of family with Andrea or will we fail? Of course only time will tell.
I usually don't think about other's family a lot.
It is such an intimate part of a person's life that I don't imagine or judge or such. I love to listen to family stories but never really ask.
Yesterday there was a party at Giorgio's (Andrea's older brother) to celebrate Matilde's second b-day (Andrea nice).
Giorgio and Linda live in a beautiful house on the hills around Bologna.
I went there late, arriving around 3. I worked from 6.30am to 2.30pm and it was very very hot. I had just the time to take a quick shower, pick my Supercar and 'flew' to the party.
There I found different people with different 'pockets' and manners. I ate something (how could I miss this part of the party) and laid on the swimming-pool bed to watch the world go by.
Giorgio, Paolo (the oldest brother), Andrea and Marco (Paolo's son) decided to jump in the swimming poll to get the first bath of the season! They were there, playing with the ball...all similar in shapes and expression...lighthearted and ... it suddenly came out this family picture in my mind.
They are bond together, apparently only because of the genes but deeply because of the family ties.... They are a family. No Mom or Dad to talk to them but surely there to watch over them.
The Canova's Family. Four boys from 23 to almost 50 years old playing with a ball in a swimming pool on a Sunday afternoon...just like a bunch of kids invited to a 2 years old b-day party.
I slowly fell in a soft sleep, caressed by the breeze and rocked by the voices of the kids.... of a family.

No comments: