25 October 2006

Unpaid holidays

Sorry I haven't been posting lately... but this is always a busy period of the year... busy because I have to distract my mind from the fact that I am jobless again!
I wish I could post some of my wedding pics or some of my everyday life's but since we don't own a pc (see.... Andrea is a pc programmer and doesn't own a pc...aren't we weird?) and I don't want to load the pics on this pc... I'll have to wait until Andrea brings home another pc.
So pics apart... I have been doing lots of things lately.
I'm working at the local swimming pool again but only twice or three times a week, then... from november I'll probably babysit the twins of my friend and meanwhile I hope the airport will call me back!
Andrea and I welcomed our new piece of jewellery in our kitchen: the dish-washing-machine. I know the enthusiasm for this household appliance may sounds strange to Americans since you almost always have it in your kitchen, but this is our absolutely 1st dish-washer and our rythms are happily changing due to its arrival in our life. Not only we'll save water for washing the dishes but we save time that we can spend together!!! The kitchen is now always clean and we can use as many plates and cutlery as we wish. We're happy:-)
Moreover we have been assembling IKEA furnitures in the week end and I still have to put everything in order but I give priority to the gardening because of the good weather.
Yesterday and today is a sunny warm day since Scirocco is blowing and I washed as many clothes possible so to dry out in the sun. I'm back into my gardening since this last summer I did not cuddle it as I use to and once back from the honeymoon I found a lot of plants deceased thanks to my so-called friend who offered to water them:-(
In the future.... lots of clothes to iron, some other cleanings to do, selecting wedding pictures and produce an album and cd and stuff, write and send thank you cards ect.... and enjoy the city a little more.
This is the perfect season to walk around in Bologna. The colours of the fall match with those of the city and the weather still lets you go out.
Gotta go out in my garden now....

1 comment:

Sarah said...

I LOVE dishwashers! My sister just moved into a new apartment and for some reason, the owner decided to put a dishwasher in the kitchen instead of an oven; I find that kind of strange. So no baking! No cookies!

Arg -- I hope the airport calls you back. Job insecurity stresses me out.