05 February 2007

Museum and Borghese Gallery

We had a beautiful week-end in Rome this time. Flew to Rome (the cost of the train tickets is rising to the stars and now it's almost cheaper to fly) on Friday and came back last night.
On Friday had dinner in a romantic restaurant on the sea. I had a swordfish tartare with crostini and a pasta (only flour and water) with rocket pesto, shrimps and zucchini and a coconut creme caramel...mmmmmmm
On Saturday we went with mom and dad to visit one of the most beautiful museum of Rome: Museo Borghese. This building was thought as a museum. It is small and crowded with Correggio, Tiziano, Bernini, Canova and other famous painters and sculptors.
It is a jewel.
I almost cried while watching Apollo and Daphne by Bernini and got caught by the beauty of Pauline Bonaparte by Canova.
I really wish you could all come to visit Rome and simply drink a little of its beauty. There's so much to see there.
It has been really an experience!
Yesterday it was a summer day. Families walking on the seashore and children dressed in costumes for the carnival.
Today we went to the hospital to support our friend and read the results of her biopsy and ... thanks God she's ok. No bad cells!
Before going to the hospital I saw a crocus bloomed in my garden. Poor little flower it feels the springtime but doesn't know it's still the 5th of feb. :-)
After all this waste of energy I think I'll call sick tomorrow at work since I think I got the intestinal virus... but I am ok. I may need some rest after the rush of the last days:-)

1 comment:

Sarah said...

I'll get there, sometime soon!

Yes, take a few days off to digest the food you had--food for your body and food for your mind/soul!