09 February 2007

Lazy days

I have been at home from for the last 4 days. I've been sick. Not THAT sick but sick enough not to go to work.
I cleaned the house and ironed the epic tower of clothes and tried my new sewing machine(yahooooo). Read my magazines and book.
I had enough sleep at night and had time to relax on the couch, I also had time for dreams (usually I don't remember dreams) and loved to have breakfast at home!
Today, I switched on the TV to watch the news and stayed tuned for an hour or so. The preamble is that I only switch on the TV for the news and for a couple of TV series I watch but this afternoon I indulged on the laziness of the day (it's raining outside and it's sort of cold) and zapped a little. It was years I did not watched MTV so I got over it.

That is what I saw:

1) Room Raiders - 1 girl/boy search in the rooms of 3 boys/girls for interesting things...at the end the girl/boy has to choose 1 of the 3 rooms' owners....

2) One boy has to go on a date with 3 mom and then choose one of their daughters. I'm curious if there's one where a girl has to date with 3 dad to choose one of their sons.

3) Sweet 16 - it's how a girl or boy organize their own 16th b-day party spending how many money possible to satisfy their wishes: big discos, expensive clothes, luxurios cars, expensive Djs etc. The parents of the 'today' girl just spent 300.000$ for a b-day party.

I may have been unlucky and maybe MTV promotes also other kind of programs but I found those shows so stupid and disgusting that I kind of understand the decadence period in which we are living.
I am sure there are a lot of boys and girls who do not watch those silly things but I know there are a lot who do and it somehow scares me.

I just shut down the TV... and go back in my world.

No comments: