22 October 2007

What's up?


Sick Monocolo!
Originally uploaded by margiana.

Well... lots of things happened in the last 2 weeks. After the great adventure of Ferrara that helped me to turn on my uni-neuron brain... other things are happening to shut it down or mess it up.
My friend Julie and her little baby moved back to Utah. Her husband is going too in November. She decided to go back home after a couple of years here in Bologna. I am happy for her because I know they're gonna be fine but goodbye sucks and I am not good with it. I boarded her and the little baby on the aircraft for which I was working... so I had the chance to give her a last hug moments before leaving. It was sad.
On the 14th my mom came to visit. I was a little stressed because I know how we do 'work' together... but it actually went better than thought. It has been good to find the lunch ready once back home from work or the house clean or the clothes ironed. We did a lot of gardening and shopping.
Andrea and I had to drive mom back to Rome and to spend the week end there but Monocolo is sick and and I didn't feel like living him at home. I feel powerless. We have been giving him antibiotics for almost 20 days with no results... it should be a virus... but the antibiotics was for the possible bacterial complication to the lungs. We stopped with those... and are now giving him only an ointment in his sick eye. I hope he's going to recover.
Yesterday it was a beautiful day. Andrea and I finished some gardening thing... he actually was working on the irrigation system and I did planted bulbs: tulips, narcissus, hyacinths, bluebells and crocus.
I turned on the heater since winter steps in the house...
At work I am totally obnoxious since my contract expires on the 31st. Nobody in the airport worked more than 11 season (It will be 5 years in february) but I am not confident I'll have a permanent contract this year. The economic and political crises in Italy is simply shutting down the hopes of the so-called young. I feel stucked and have a good quantity of rage in my heart.
I am not watching Tv but I can see around me how people gets poorer and poorer... day after day... and so do we.
I am worried for the future... :-)

I only wish I could fall asleep under my comforter and dream sweet dreams.


No comments: