15 December 2007

Ghiro!


You say "to sleep like a log", we say "to sleep like a dormouse".

I am really a dormouse lately. I don't know what it's happening, maybe I am simply into hibernation. Maybe it's the cold in the morning that once at home, after the shower transforms me into a sleepy, red-cheeks, comforter-lover girl. I don't know what's all about... I feel like if I live with a jetleg! I wake up at 4, I work in the cold (today 1st snow -which somehow it's better because the thermometer doesn't go too much below 0°C), come back home for lunch, eat a quick lunch without even cooking and collapse on the sofa... then wake up after some 10 mins and move my sleepy body to the sleeping room... possibly under the comforter... usually I set an alarm clock for an hour sleep... but lately I fail to hear it and keep sleeping and sleeping. Today I set my afternoon-nap records: 4 hours!
I can't believe I have been seeing the daily light only for 6 hours and a half... from 7.30am (when the sun raised today) until 2pm when I started sleeping as a log or a ghiro... depending from the language!

1 comment:

meeralee said...

Enjoy your naps, lazyhead! Or is it sleepybones? ;-)

Sending you hugs from warm Singapore.