27 October 2008

Chestnut time!


Chestnut foliage
Originally uploaded by margiana.

Andrea and I spent the week end at my mom's hometown and went to pick up chestnuts.
There was also my mom and brother there and we spent the whole Saturday afternoon in the woods.
The weather was fine... not sunny but the perfect temperature. Moreover the long walk and the effort (at least for me) to bend forward several times to pick up the delicious chestnuts made me sweat and breath like if I was running the marathon. But it was all worth it!
On Sunday we spent the day in another small town nearby where a village festival of the chestnut was held.... do I have to tell you that I ate an incredible amount of roasted chestnuts so that later I had to drink some 3 liters water in order to feel a little detoxicate... but still big as a gigantic baloon?
Today I am back to normality (that means an average baloon) and feel good.
Fall is really here. I am at home sewing things for a friend of mine. Which is not so bad after all. :-)

2 comments:

Sarah said...

How lovely!

I have memories of picking walnuts at my grandparents' farm--my hands always turned black from the skins.

Margiana said...

Oh walnuts... yummy.