01 October 2008

Gilda is in this Striped Balloon!


Stripes baloon.
Originally uploaded by margiana.

Yes, Gilda is my daughter's name! And this morning I had to see her with a short ultrasound that my gynechologist performed just for my own curiosity. She's the perfect size for her 28th week of life and is way overactive!
I went out of the ambulatory and was very happy to know everything is proceeding just fine.
For dinner we had a piadina with mozzarella, tomatoes, basil and olive oil and some great salad I bought last Saturday at the farmer's market.
After lunch I harvested the basil and prepared some Pesto alla Genovese! mmmmmmm I love it. I freezed some of it to taste in the next months.
I also finished to cook an apple cake for my Ukrainian nextdoor neighbour. She is so nice, everytime she goes back to Ukrain she brings me caviar or some good local things. She's so sweet!
But later I will cook a cake for Andrea and me too... blueberry and nuts... the odd thing is that I am not loving to eat sweets since I'm pregnant, but I love to prepare them. Good for my weight!

4 comments:

meeralee said...

I thought your lunch sounded familiar -- look what I just read about today!

http://www.seriouseats.com/2008/10/starbucks-new-piadinis-breakfast-sandwiches-portobello-sausage-piadinas.html

(Congratulations on Glinda's healthy ultrasound!)

Margiana said...

Meera, you rule! Piadina is great! Doesn't look much alike as the starbucks picture but it tastes soo good.
Glad you like Gilda.

meeralee said...

Ha! I just noticed that while I read "Gilda," I typed "Glinda" -- which is the name, of course, of the good witch in the L. Frank Baum Oz books. :-)

Starbucks has nothing on you, I'm sure!

Sarah said...

Hooray!
Hooray!

Good health, good food, lovely name!