18 April 2006

Post-Easter effects

Last week was a busy week, working early shift at the airport, going to the free-trial-gym and working in the afternoon at the pool and maintain a family armony and a almost clean house. Wow girl, it is hard! And I don't have children. I don't know if I want to figuire it out!
By the way, the last 3 days have been really crazy. Saturday after the work (finished at 10.15am) Andrea and I went shopping, to search for a small weird tool we need to fix the shower-box that is still broken. And we were around until 5pm.... without finding the tool.
Back home I started cooking and finished the pastiera napoletana around 11pm. Went to bed for 5 hours and on Sunday went to work. Once back home I prepared the table and finished cooking. At 1pm Patrizia and Fabiola came over and brought their wonderful dishes. We had a nice and good dinner together, all far from each other's family but yet a family. I love those feelings.
Then my brother and his girlfriend arrived for a short visit and stayed until Monday afternoon. On Monday we had a walk in the city centre and enjoyed the empty city.

Those are the good feelings.... but of course there are some bad too.
I invited Arianna and Claudia and partners over for Easter dinner and they did not said if they were coming or not until Saturday afternoon... and the excuse was they were going to have a bbq somewhere over the hills. Then on Sunday they had a lunch at Arianna's saying they did not want to go out anymore. I just let you notice, she's my nextdoor neighbor. And that is silly, and I don't like silly things.
Last thing, I got into an argument with Silvia (my brother's girlfriend) about her being vegan... so after all I felt sorry because I saw her and my brother hurt by my words, and also felt frustrated because I did not accomplish anything if not putting walls around me.
In all those things I lost the sense of Easter, I did not concentrate enough on the real meaning and the real symbolism of it. So I feel even more frustrated.
Hope the week will be better.

3 comments:

annette said...

yummy, italian food sounds so good! i bet the dinner was delicious!

i'm sorry that your Easter did not go better. hopefully things can be resolved quickly with your brother's girlfriend. and remember, Jesus loves you:) He died for you! God bless!

annette said...

ps--i just looked up that recipe and yum! it sounds delightful!

annette said...

hi friend! where have you been? i hope you're not too busy with work. just wanted to let you know i'm thinking about you:)