02 April 2006

New start.

A brand new start! After 6 months I don't remember how to do my job anymore. I had to make some traning (2 days -10 hours) and still did not go through all the 'operative communications'. I need more training but they won't allow me to have it because they need ramp agents under flights. The thing is: I need this training for the safety and punctuality and good service of the flights... but sounds like this is only my need. They do not care.

I have been very happy to hug and kiss and receive welcomes from collegues but my biggest satisfation is receiving hugs and big smiles by the workers of the loading team. They are all foreigners who work underpayed and with horrible contracts so not to have the health care, and yet they are those exposed to a higher rate of accident at work considering they work in holds moving baggages and freight with the heat of the summer and the cold of the winter.
They are the 'last wheel' of the airport gear and yet the most important (an aircraft can leave without a ramp agent but not without a load-team) and I'm proud to know they thought of me in those months.
Of course I'm not feeling comfortable in there. I feel I'm not independent right now (I'll probably need a week more) and I have bad feelings toward the company (how can I:-)) and toward those who did not show any simpathy for 'our' (meaning us who were laid at home) situation. Not a strike has been held, not a single protest. The egoism pervades our society. There's no solidarity. The social situation in Italy is pretty depressing at the moment and we all care for our small and empty pockets but I don't understand why in those situation we don't get together and start to build things from the foundations.
I won't have answers at it, and I hope in a week (the 9th-10th of april we vote for the political elections) there will be some political changes but I hope there'll be a social change too.
Too depressing? :-(

No comments: