24 March 2007

Hola

Hola de Mexico!
We arrived in Cancun and the day after we took the first bus to Valladolid, ate there and then another bus to Chichen Itza. At night we went to the archeological sites to see the 'sounds and lights' show and went to sleep. The following day we visited the site and since it was the spring equinox, it was pretty crowded but beautiful.
Then another bus to Merida where, following the instruction of the Lonely Planet we entered the doors of Paradise in the Medio Mundo hotel. A total different standard than the place we have been before... but so beautiful we couldn't refuse to stay there.
Yesterday we took a public transportation to the archeological sites of the Ruta Puuc and Uxmal.
The jungle and the archeological sites are breathtaking.
We took the small digital camera with us but I feel not able to take good pictures. The light is superwhite and shades are everywhere and I wish to take million pictures a minute but I feel blocked. My mouth open in all different directions, looking for iguanas, or other animals I've never seen before or astonished by the overwhelming nature. Cactus growing literally over big threes or such.
I am speechless and wordless and poor in creativity. It's just like if I am fulfilling a big sack with all the colours and emotions and feelings and I hope I'll be able to use those 'things' once back home.
The poverty (expecially in the jungle) is nothing I've every seen or experienced and it gives a lot to think about my everyday life and needs.
The earth is red. RED.
The sky is blue. BLUE.
The nature is really green. GREEN....
I'm almost shocked.
By the way we are healthy, we drink a lot of exotic fruit juices and water because it is REALLY hot.
Tonight we'll catch a bus at 10pm to arrive in Palenque (Chiapas) tomorrow morning, just in time to visit the archeological site and then go on to San Cristobal de las Casas.
Wish I could meet el Subcomandante Marcos!!!:-)
Gotta go now.
Baci

1 comment:

Sarah said...

The earth is red in Texas, too.

Do enjoy yourself!