20 March 2007

Ready to go!

Backpacks are ready. Despite my good intentions of going to sleep early, last night we packed until midnight.
I decided to stay light 1 trousers other than the one I wear, 2 t shirts, 2 singlets, one long sleeves shirt, a sweatshirt an hat and a scarf. A pair of flip flops and my light trekking shoes. I also bought a supercool travel-pillow and my sleeping-sheet-bag.
The things that are heavier are the medicines and the beauty case with the repelents and the sun lotion... but it's such a sweet weight to carry since it's so much about HOLIDAY.
In my handbag (a smaller backpack) there is my brick-alike Lonely Planet guide to Mexico, a book and other pubblication about the play of the ball in the Mesoamerica's culture.
Passport is ok. The only thing I hate is that we'll fly on a charter flight of a company I don't like at all... they are ruder than ever and the aircrafts are filthy, and since it's my first time ever on a charter flight I miss the consistency of a ticket. In fact we only have a piece of paper that says that we have to be at the airport at 10.45 and they'll do the rest.
I am always a little anxious when it comes to those 'others' that I know.
Tonight I had this dream of flying to Cancun with a small 6 seats aircraft.

Anyway... jokes apart, I hope I'll update you on my trip in some internet points and cross fingers we don't get in trouble somewhere. But I am positive since
1) my husband has been there (10 years ago) and claims to know everything about this trip without reading any guide and advices :-/
2) my husband speaks spanish (and I do understand pretty everything since it's supersimilar to italian) and I will learn it soon thanks to my spanish podcast,
3) we did not planned everything and we have lots of time to do so on the aircraft.

This is exactly what I needed... just go now... adventure is awaiting!
Baci

1 comment:

Sarah said...

I hope you are bringing your camera!

Have a great time!