11 September 2008

Lucky.

I have always had the feeling of being lucky and after I met Andrea this feeling grew into certitude.
But there are days when I really feel that lucky plays such an important role in my life that I almost feel guilty for so much in my way.
Yesterday I spent the whole morning at the hospital to support my friend who has been hospitalized because she has a tingling feeling in her right leg who is now raising up to her right arm. Nobody knows what's up with her and today they're going to have a cervical MR and tomorrow they're going to sting her in her back to take a sample of her cerebrospinal fluid. Then she'll have to stay in a bed for another day and they will start some sort of cure.
After that I went with another friend of mine at lunch and went around to buy another friend's b-day present.
This friend is pregnant at her 22nd week, exactly 4 weeks less than me. And now she and her husband just found out that a rare form of hernia diaphragmatic that is growing inside her baby. That means that her baby will have a major surgery right after she will be born and that the chances of living are not high.
She's living the hell out of her happy life... and I feel I am powerless.
I also found out that another collegue of mine who is pregnant too (we are 5 to be pregnant at the moment) has a problem with her fetus too.
I can't believe that 2 out of 5 pregs have major problem with their babies... isn't it a very high percentage?
So now... there's pretty nothing I can do to help those people to feel better. I can only pray my God to help them. Maybe you too may pray your God or your belief or simply send some positive thoughts to those persons.
Thank you.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Wow--I guess we can all just do the best we can, and hope it all turns out.

Sarah said...

and I know that sounds completely ineffectual, but it is one of those situations were words don't come easy to me.