09 September 2008

Mountain, sea, city and back to the sea...


Mom and I
Originally uploaded by margiana.

Here I am again.
I am just going up and down through Italy, and I am actually enjoying it!
I went to Colle for my cousin's wedding. Had to work most of the time because in this little village, weddings are really HUGE. The night before the wedding there's a big party, a serenade where the whole village goes... usually it is under the bride-to-be house and the family offers to drink and eat to everybody. So basically I had to prepare a lot (really a lot) of panini with all sort of homemade salami, roasted pigs and prosciutto (all things I can't eat because of the possible toxoplasmosis)... later I helped the bride to prepare the luggage, than to put the flowers in the right places and such things. I was exhausted.
The next day the wedding! Oh what a HUGE thing. The church was crowded and the restaurant was incredibly big. The food was simple and super good.
Everything went alright. But I was really tired.
My mom, brother and I decided to have a small walk the next day and so we did... I made my usual encounter with local poisoning vipers but after all we had a good time breathing pure and fresh air. Except that I was so slow walking, that I don't know how my mom and bro were able to deal with it. I would have lost my patience!

Instead of coming back to Bologna I decided to go to Rome with them. There, my other cousins lended me a beautiful wicker cradle. I didn't like the decoration so my mom and I decided to buy the padding and the fabric and decided to dive into this tailoring project. It tooks us 2 days to finish it but we still have to do the "soft top".
I think it will look just great since it will be a lot closer to my tastes!

Andrea came to visit in Rome for the week end and took me back to Bologna.
I think that next monday I'll go back to Rome to finish the cradle project and some knitting thing my mom and I are doing.... I am actually trying to knit a little hat, while my mom is doing the blanket, and other things.

The house is still a mess since we need to buy a new furniture for the bedroom where to put all the baby things.. and even if I am not buying anything now... I don't know how it's possible that we already have 2 boxes full of little clothes and stuff for the baby girl. My mom started washing all the little clothes my brother and I used to wear and there are some that are still BEAUTIFUL.
I am still not aware of what kind of gift I'll receive for Christmas :-)
I know I am very lucky...

1 comment:

Sarah said...

You are a very good cousin to go to all that trouble helping to make the food that you could not eat!