06 May 2007

Is it a dream?

I was in Santorini with Andrea and had a little walk by my own while he was looking at dolphins from a cliff. I walked some 200 mts from him and the landscape was a lunar-volcanic view but with white earth.
Around me several tourists and local inhabitants... also a seaside holiday camp with a lots of baby girls barely walking because of 2-3 years old, all dressed with pink swimsuite.
I was looking at the sea when a big agricultural machinery crashed dangerously next to me.
I went close to the equipment to see if somebody was hurt but nobody was in.
I started walking away when a big wave, like a high tide started reaching the cliff where I was.
I looked around and it appeared like a normal thing to all... people were walking like if nothing strange was happening while the water submerged them. I was scared after a wave flood over the summer-camp girls, but nobody was really caring.
People started swimming. I followed two old ladies and asked them if there was a path by their way and they said:- 'Yes, 10 minutes walking or 20 minutes swimming', so I followed them until I lost them.
I kept on swimming and it was all normal until... the water faded away and I started walking, finding myself in Stazione Termini (central train station in Rome) in the square where there was my High School. There was no water there but I was soaked through.
I looked like an homeless at that time. I lost my cell phone and everything that was in my pocket, and I did not know how to reach Andrea. So I started looking around for a 200lire coin that I needed to call Andrea from a public phone (note: we do not use Lira anymore but Euro now... so it must have been some years ago).
Of course I did not have any so I started asking around behaving like an homeless asking for charity. Nobody gave me a coin maybe because I kept asking for 200lira????
By the way, I finally entered a shop that I usually go in but nobody recognized me until I found a girl who works as a cachier who decided to give me some coins, but she gave me very small coins like 1-2-5 cents and none of the public phone I went in accepted such a small coins. I didn't know what happened to Andrea.
Then I woke up.
Basically I was not scared or anxious but it was all so surreal that I was really confused.
Is it a dream or reality?

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Are you eating weird food just before you go to bed at night?! Global warming has entered your subconscious.

I had coffee after 6pm last night (bad bad me; it keeps me awake) but I only had good dreams.

Margiana said...

I think global warming has entered my subconscious... or what if I got a "travelling" virus?