11 November 2008

Not Speaking in my name!

Even if I am not American I followed the campaign for the election of the US President as well as the election of Mr Obama. I listened to his speeches and I liked it a lot.
I heard him saying that US is still the Country where everything's possible and that
"Americans sent a message to the world that we have never been a collection
of Red States and Blue States: we are, and always will be, the United States of
America"

I was very happy to hear a politician talking about Hope and Change... but also about higher ideals that can be applied to everyone without exceptions of race, gender, religion and so on... at the same time I felt an empty space in my heart because I soon realized that no Italian politician will ever be able to pronounce such speeches... not even to bring up issues regarding ideals or such. We are not united, we are not a People but single individuals fighting against who think and is different.

After all our PM Berlusconi did it again and has no shame for his "jokes".
There are a lot of Italians that do not feel represented by this moron and I am happy at least because I am not alone.

No comments: