30 November 2008

Waiting...

Grey rainy day again!
I woke up after a restless night, turning from one side to the other trying to find the right position for a belly full of liquid and inhabited by a baby.
I tried to do my best to infuse me a good mood.
I had the longest shower with the finest aromatherapy soap, oiled my belly at best.... and had my latte with a slice of sweet bread and some ricotta spread with homemade (mom) chestnut cream. This is one of my favourite thing.
I got on the computer to try to get back to my emails and stuff but... I feel empty.
Not really since my belly looks like it has to explode from one moment to another but empty in the sense that I am exhausted.
Tired physically and emotionally... just swinging from a feeling to another... from happiness to fear, a thousand time in a minute. I am just ready to pass to the next tiring stage.. to the moment in which I will be able to hold the little baby and be tired for the sleepless night and the aching nipples and the worries for everything. I just wish I could change my mood. I am not hungry but have to eat, I am not thirsty but have to drink, need to take the vitamins. I wish I could go out for a walk but it's damned grey and rainy and muddy everywhere, I feel ugly and fat, I don't want to watch television and the radio on Sunday is horrible.
I would love to read but then fall asleep, I need to embroider but then I get tired of it because it's a long thing to finish and can't see the end of it.
I am restless.
Grey rainy day pass away!

2 comments:

Michelle said...

Germana! This is the former Sorella (Michelle) Brady. I was in Bologna at the end of my mission in 2001. You met my parents when they came to get me. I hope you remember me. I've wondered so much about you over the years. Congratulations on the baby! The last month is the worst part of pregnancy, but it will all be worth it. I am 7 1/2 months pregnant right now. This is my third. You will be such a wonderful mother! Do you have such things as epidurals in Italy? I have had one with my first two babies, and the deliveries were marvelous! No screaming, just pushing and enjoying the baby's arrival. Good luck with everything. I look forward to hearing from you!

Margiana said...

Ciao Michelle... of course I remember you and your parents. I still use the necklace your parents gave me as a gift and your book is right on my bookshelf. We have epidural and I may be able to have it. I am ready... just waiting for baby Gilda. Congratulations for your third baby Wow... Hope to know about you more. Baci