14 December 2008

Big dinner!

Last night I entered a long post about this dinner but Blogger kicked me out!!! So I'll make it short now.
Yesterday I started cooking aroun 2pm and went to bed at 1.30am. Andrea helped me a lot and we had fun althought I was dead tired by the time I reached the bed.
We cooked for 9 (the 2 of us included) and it's something I am not very fond in. I usually cook well for 4-6 persons but for more I am not so comfortable. I'm always afraid the pasta overcooks or the portions are not enough.
By the way, all went perfectly.

Here's the menu:

  • Hors d'oevre: diced cheese, tortilla chips with hummus, spicy olives, and spicy nuts... all accompanied with white Prosecco di Valdobbiadene.
  • First course: spaghettoni with porcini mushrooms, tomatoes, fried eggplants, sage and basils. Accompanied with red wine Rosso di Montalcino;
  • Second course: roast veal with celery, carrots and onion sauce and roasted potatoes accompanied with red Vino Nobile di Montepulciano;
  • Dessert: chocolate tenderness cake with wipped cream and Spumante wine.

The dinner was good after all... but a lot of work... considering also the fact that the night before I woke up at 5.30 read until 8, at 9 I went to collect part of my Spice Friends' b-day gift at the beautician by having a manicure (they gave me a gift card to spend at this beautician!!!!)... than came home, eat and cleaned and then started cooking.

Everything else is pretty fine. Gilda moves slowly now that is getting bigger... my belly leavens everyday... I have the feeling I am going to explode. Last night, after dinner I had this feeling that my button-belly was going to uncork!!! But still no signs...

It rains! Again....

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds so delicious! Can you send the pasta recipe?

Margiana said...

Sure.... on your email... only the time to try to translate it!!!

Sarah said...

Congrats on a successful dinner!

Margiana said...

Thanks Sarah...but it's nothing compared to yours!!!