30 December 2008

Induction

Today I had the 41st week fetal control and everything is perfect. Baby Gilda is doing good, she has plenty of liquid to swim in and I have rare contractions. By the way the hospital wants me in because their therapeutic protocol is that at 41 week+1 day the labor must be induced.
I save you all my protests for this thing but at the very end I had to surrender to the system.
Tomorrow morning I will check in the hospital and we'll see if prostaglandin and oxytocin will do their job in a day or two.
The thing that I really don't like is that I will have to spend my labor in the hospital room, sharing my pain and intimacy with some other woman I don't know... and Andrea won't be with me until the real labor (when my womb will be 3-4 cms wide).

In the meanwhile, today I did everything in my power to help Gilda come out naturally... Andrea stayed at home from work and we "spent" some time together, than took raspberry leaves extract drops, and we walked all the way up to San Luca which is some 3.5kms to go and the same to come down.
At this point I just have to finish to prepare the bag for the hospital and try to sleep and save energies for tomorrow.

The next post will be with my baby! So weird!

No comments: