28 January 2006

Free at last!

Ok... Dad left this morning... we left him at the train station at 8.40, his train had to leave at 9.03... actually he called me around 11.30 and was still in Firenze. Here the snow is stopping everything. Highway are somewhere closed, Milan airport closed, and people go crazy.. because snow is something that they can't control and have not many means to defend themself completely. So people get crazy. Moreover... Italy is running out of gas. Russia is cutting the supply of gas and the government asked to the Italians to drop of 1-2 C° the heater. Because here people have really high temperatures in their homes... so, that brings me directly to the last argument I had with my dad: the nuclear power. Italy has no nuclear power station after a public vote that decided so. But people like my dad do not agree... but I do and frictions leads to sparkles that lead to fire.... aarrgghhh...
By the way, the week finally ended and I hope I can get a little rest from the short free time I'm gonna have next week. Today Andrea and I went to help Patrizia to paint the walls of her apartment. It's so tiring but so rewarding.
Well... hope I'll find a little time to post more in the next day. I'm always in stand-by.

4 comments:

annette said...

My apartment has been really chilly this winter because I'm trying to save money on the electric bill. The oil prices continue to be high here so it affects everything else. Unfortunately the US doesn't have an awesome public transportation system like Europe so it's expensive to travel anywhere. I hope that things are okay with your dad and he's able to get home safe. Have fun painting! I love painting; I did it once for a house that was being built for a charity organization and it was so fun:)

Margiana said...

Ciao Annette, he made it home in 6 hrs... for a trip it usually takes less then 3. I too am freezing to save money on the gas heater bill... so I'm always dressed like I'm in Alaska! I love painting but it's tough... My boyfriend and I have been painting the house where we are living now and the one where I used to live before I painted twice and another one I used to live in... I'm a painter pro now:-) The fact is that after a day of painting my muscles (very trained:-) - not the truth) aches like if I had a fight with a wrestler and lost... so tonight I slept like a stone and now I'm going again... hopefully I'll loose some weight:-) ciao

Margiana said...

Jenny... I am totally against the nuclear power station and the use of nuclear power. It is dangerous and the production of energy would not solve the problems of gas. Here in Italy and in places where Mr. Sun is in aboundance we could use the solar power or wind one... but the government doesn't seem to understand that 'alternative energy' and recyclin and being environmental friend can be a solution in lots of fields... my father of course is pro-government and pro nuclear power... I loved to talk to u yesterday. Next time you'll allow me to call... Give a big kiss to J.K.

Sarah said...

Solar solar solar!