26 March 2006

Garden relax and good food!

It's so good to know that Spring is arriving! I love the desire to spend more time outside. The body simply need it, the contact with fresh air, with sun and colours.
Yesterday morning we woke up a little late and I cooked pancakes, strawberry with lemon (first of the season... made a wish!) and croissants.
I love big breakfasts but for our habits it was more a brunch than a breakfast.
We relaxed in the garden and talked about how to fix this and that in the house and of other projects. Then we read and enjoyed our flowers and their smell and the birds singing.
I worked on the computer then read again and around 6pm we started getting hungry.
I decided I wanted to try new veggie things. It turned out a great dinner with felafel with tomato sauce (I did not fried 'em), and 'basket' of mushrooms with yoghurt.
Since the dinner was almost cholesterol free I thought a good mascarpone dessert could compensate the loss... I was totally full but feeling so good. I really love cooking!
Today we went at Giorgio's (Andrea's brother) to celebrate his b-day. I thought it was a 'family lunch' but it turned out a spring-party with lots of so-called-friends to enjoy the beautiful home and 'park'..but above all... the tons of food. It was a buffet all-day-long-all-u-can-eat-lunch full of pizzette and tramezzini and sandwiches and sweets and salts....
I enjoyed a long conversation with Antonella [Paolo's (Andrea's brother) partner] on the swimming pool border facing the sun for over an hour. :-)
After this food-marathon we arrived at home and Arianna was coming back from Rome. So to fill an improbable empty space of our stomach she brought some 'roman pizza' and my beloved supplì (I don't know why they always put some sort of meat or prosciutto in the recipe...but there's no meat in the original recipe)... so I did not eat the supplì yet...but I think I must eat it before tomorrow. Eventually tomorrow it's Monday and it's a good day to start a diet... hopefully longer than a couple of days:-)

1 comment:

annette said...

wow, that sounds like a fabulous weekend! and the food sounds delicious! yum!