13 February 2006

Let's get married!


S. Francesca Romana
Originally uploaded by margiana.


We came back this morning at 2.00am from Rome, after a busy week end. We walked around Rome as tourists but... with a specific aim: looking for a church where to get married. After visiting several beautiful churches, dead tired of walking around we arrived at the roman forum from the Via Sacra -an original piece of ancient roman road that goes from the Colosseum to the roman forum- and there it was Santa Francesca Romana, the church in the picture. The view is breathtaking and the symbolism is absolute.
Everything was pointing out at the church.... inside it's not what we wanted, it's pretty dark and 'rich' but I think the location is right for 'our' special day.
I've never thought I would have cared about those things but...the 'roman pride' overwhelmed me, and the thought of a Symbol for our 'history' obsessed me in those days.
We fixed the date: September 14th.
We talked to the Benedictine who had the 'wedding calendar' and he inspired us a lot.
We are totally happy and excited and fearful and serene, and confused and a mix of millions of feelings.
Just wanted to share it.

3 comments:

annette said...

Wow!!! So exciting! I love the picture; I totally want to buy a house in Italy or some other beautiful European country. I spent a week in Switzerland when I studied in Spain and it was so amazing. I have to come and visit!

Sarah said...

Congrats, congrats! (Bruce told me a little while ago.) What a gorgeous building. Wow.

A good day, too -- that's my mom's birthday!

Margiana said...

Thanks!:-)