20 February 2006

Munich

Last Saturday we enjoyed a little relaxation. I prepared the garden for the springtime works while Andrea was repairing some of the million things that still have to be fixed in our small nest. In the afternoon we went to a café for a cappuccino and shared some quality time together.. then we decided that it is really too long we don't have dinner in a restaurant .. so we went to a pizzeria. We also bought tickets for Munich the last Spielger's movie.
It must be this period of my life that brings me tears so often but I was pretty much shaked by the movie. I knew what the movie was going to be about and the whole story.
It's not the plot or the settings that touched me but the human aspect of all this.
I still am not able to understand that kind of hate between races and religions. Not at this extreme. But all it has happened in the last 40-something years, and that is happening now and will probably happen for more years to come, brings me there. It is not only possible to hate because of races and religions but it is basic for the survival of the national identity and for the concept of one's coutry.
I may not be cultural and historically prepared to analyse those issues but the thing that brings me down is that nothing has changed in the fight between Palestinian and Jews. Looks like there is no hope.
I once read an interesting book about it The Best of Enemies , that I suggest to anyone interested in the topic. At the end there was a trace of hope for peace.
That was before the Second Intifada.

No comments: