03 February 2006

You give me fever!

I'm sick, got a little fever, have my troat on fire and my lungs aches... but I'M HAPPY!!!
I'm happy because I'm not going to work in the stinky job. Well...I know they won't pay me today but the count from the losses and gains is always on my favour.
Yesterday, out of the stinky job, I had a long walk downtown. The weather was great (like today) and warm and the sun made everything look beautiful. I have been eating my hands because I forgot my camera home but, unfortunately, when I go to the stinky job, all my energies are focused on trying-to-be-positive-and-thankful-for-what-I-have-and-do-not-complain-too-much-effort. But it would have been great to have my camera with. The 'springtime' light was great in a winter Bologna. And the anti-pollution law that prohibits car-traffic on thursdays made me appreciate the city more.
I also stopped at my favourite bar Caffè Terzi to sip my beloved vanilla cappuccino.
It is a small bar in a quite corner of the city centre, far from the traffic and the noise. The environment is pretty much upper class at a first glance but the think that I love the most is the 'ballet' that the bartender and the bar-master do around all the pastries and the different coffee and tea blends.
There is this guy Manuel Terzi (the Master) who buys and personally mix the coffe and answers to all your questions. I like the fact that under all the formality of the place, you can breath the love this man has for something...in specific for the coffe.
I can imagine him going far away, in Brazil, or in other South American Countries, meeting the owners of big coffe plantations and choose personally the coffe he wants... then, once back home name each coffe he choose and mix it and then cook those espressos for people who usually don't know anything about coffe but to whom he gives something... he is always ready to give you answers about this or that coffe...about why it is better to taste this kind of coffe with this chocolate or not.
I like the artsy effect of it all. I sip my cappuccino on a high stool table in a corner of the bar and watch all those notaries, lawyers, bankers or high class women enter and drink quickly their espresso. And this Manuel Terzi is almost offended by the lack of care they have toward this product. But his eyes sparkle when somebody ask him about a special blend and such... he is happy, you can see it from the way he moves around the coffe machine... he keep on telling where this blend is from and....... on and on and on.
It's so beautiful to see people happy.

No comments: